Where can I play Mistigri?
1. You can play Mistgri for free in your web browser (HTML5) here.
2. You can purchase the PICO-8 fantasy console and download Mistigri’s cart file. Purchasing PICO-8 allows you to play, edit, and create your own games.
How to Play
1. Shoot an enemy enough times to stun them
2. Pick up the stunned enemy by walking into them
3. Throw the enemy (at other enemies, the wall, or just in the air)
4. Collect the fruit the enemies leave behind for points
5. Once all the enemies have been killed, you will continue to the next stage
Left: left arrow key
Right: right arrow key
Jump down: the down arrow + z
If you purchased the PICO-8 fantasy console, you can simply plug in any modern USB game controller and start using it. There are only two buttons: jump and shoot.
You will hear a sound when a bonus item appears. Pick them up before they disappear.
- Storm Rod: Kill all enemies on the screen
- Earrings: A green shield circles around the player killing enemies
- Match: Leave a trail of fire that kills enemies
- Gong: Stun all enemies
- Bomb: Set off an explosion that sends fire balls flying around the level killing enemies
- Magic Bell: Makes fruit fall from sky
- Doomcollar: Become invincible for a short period of time.
- Cornucopia: A bonus fruit will appear at the beginning of every level
While playing, a key may randomly appear. If you touch it, you will be warped ahead to the second last level. If you beat that level, you then have to fight the final boss.
- Ogres can throw fireballs. Be careful when approaching them.
- Watch out for Megano’s boomerang! They can throw them diagonally, which can kill you unexpectedly.
- Don’t stare at the sun! If you stay in a Sunny monster’s path too long, it will charge across the screen at you.
- Since they fly across the screen at you, it is usually easier to kill a Sunny monster by throwing another enemy at it.
- Ghosts can only be defeated with a bonus item like the earrings, a match or the doomcollar.
- Beware of Vampi’s lightning bolts! They fly across the entire screen ignoring any platforms in its way.
- If the hurry up screen appears, Vampi will throw three lighting bolts at once.
- Spell ‘Extend’ to kill all the enemies on the screen and win an extra life.
- Spell ‘Mystic’ to kill all the enemies on the screen and warp ahead several levels.
- When trying to spell “Extend” or “Mystic” by picking up the letters, you can change the letter by first shooting it, then picking it up.
- Pick up potions whenever you can to improve your weapon. Upgrades include a 50% speed boost and bullets that last longer on the screen.
- Throw enemies at a wall for bonus points.
- You will earn an extra life when you collect 2000, 8000, and 20,000 points.
- Hurry up! If you don’t complete a level in time, enemies will turn red and speed up. Shortly after, an invincible ghost will appear and try to kill you.
- Use a controller.
- Not enough time to finish the level? Not enough lives? If you purchase the PICO-8 fantasy console, you can adjust the gameplay to your liking in the editor.